A sample of my work is available upon request. Meanwhile, you can check my online portfolio. It's work in progress and currently only includes front-end work.
Web, Mobile and User-Interface Development
I have been developing web and mobile applications & interfaces for over 10 years . Making great mobile & web interfaces and applications for my clients has left me no time to work on my own web site. You can still find some information on what I do and a sample of my work and my contact information right here but you will find more up-to-date information in My LinkedIn Profile or My Company Site.
Since the start of my career I've been designing web interfaces that can be ported to different screen sizes very quickly. For the past few years I've been focusing more on mobile development. This includes both mobile web and native apps. Ever since I shifted my focus on mobile, I've been to busy to update this page.
I mainly deal with HTML5/CSS3 web-based mobile apps, PhoneGap and native Android apps. I also have some experience building iOS native apps.
Web Application Development
- I develop most web applications in PHP.
- PHP is very popular which means it'll work with a variety of existing frameworks and projects.
- I also use Perl, Java, Python, Unix Shell, etc. when needed.
- Content Management Systems.
- I have done extensive development work with WordPress
- I have also done a few big projects in Drupal, Elgg and similar content management systems
- Rapid development with frameworks (CakePHP).
- When appropriate, a framework can help speed up the development process.
- The module-view-controller architecture guarantees separation of data from the interface. This makes your web application more customizable, maintainable & simply more reliable.
- Linux, Apache & MySQL on web servers.
- LAMP servers have proven to be very efficient and powerful.
- Being open-source, you don't have to worry about licensing fees.
- A sample of other open-source platforms and standards:
- Open Instant Messaging systems (based on XMPP).
- Open source content management systems (Joomla, Pligg, Drupal).
- Open source e-commerce systems (Zen Cart).
- OpenID, oauth, ...
- Experience with other collaborative & social networking applications.
Font-end / Interface Development: Design for Usability
I have a background in human-computer interaction and my Master's research was specifically on web usability. Not only I hand-code web interfaces to validate with W3C standards, but I also take great care to make sure my work is verified with web usability & accessibility guidelines (e.g., WCAG).
- Cross-browser compatibility
- All interfaces are developed based on W3C standards, making sure your content is accessible by all devices and search engines.
- I am an expert in cross-browser compatibility. This includes older, non-standard, browsers such as IE6.
- Mobile Web Interfaces
- Mobile-friendly interfaces for a variety of devices including iPhone and Android.
- This page is mobile accessible!
- User-centered Design
- User-friendly design based on existing usability guidelines & standards.
- Initial paper-based prototyping & user interaction walk-through.
- User experience analysis by extracting navigation patterns from existing web logs.
- Empirical & model-based evaluations.
- Designed for Accessibility
- Accessible web interfaces for users of older age and those with disabilities.
- Compatibility with accessibility standards such as W3C WCAG AAA & Section 508 (US).
- Optional support for Braille displays, speech devices, etc.
- Sample of Technology Used
- Verified HTML/XHTML/CSS for the core interfaces.
- A sample of my work is available in my online portfolio.