Software, Applets and Linux Contributions
- So far I haven't had time for any big or
(even medium!) contribution other than my articles and helping people install
and learn Linux so I will post even the smallest contribution until I get some
free time to make some real software!
- Farsido Editor A Unicode editor with can convert between Unicode and legacy Persian systems such as Vazhe Negar, Zar Negar & Iran system.
- iTimeShifer A simple Perl script to convert the time zone of iCalendar files. It takes a delta (time difference) in the format defined by Date::Manip module so you use it to shift times to anything not just a different time zone, but I really wrote it to convert an ical file from UTC to local time zone. (April 04, 2006)
- PDF Slide Printer A simple GUI & a simpler command to convert any number of PDF slides to a handout format and optionally print them. The GUI uses Perl-TK. (Updated August 12, 2005)
- MiniMidi A very simple MIDI player applet to
allow background MIDI on any Java-enabled browser. (Posted March 16, 2005)
- JiCal (jical.jar) - A simple (GPL) iCalendar to CSV converter using ical4j library. Source code available inside the jar file. It ignores todo items. I've made it to send my iCalendar files to Yahoo! and I may not expand it since Mozilla Sunfire should get CSV export soon. Note this is an extremely experimental software and for test purposes only!
- JMIDIPlayer (jmidiplayer.jar) - A simple
multi-platform MIDI player using Java's soft-synthesizer to play MIDI files. You can get great sound by downloading a free sound pack
from Sun. Intended for easy MIDI playback in systems with no synthesizer.
- A simple sync script for syncing the
files on my laptop and desktop using rsync and ssh. You are free to
modify and use it.
- Yahoo! smileys for Kopete - I
copied these smileys from Gaim and ported them for Kopete back when I was using
Kopete. To install them, extract the tarball in your Kopete icon directory